TRIVIA NIGHT RULES
A. Registration. Registration is open from 6:00 pm until 6:45 pm. Teams can be composed of 3-10 members. If you have more than 8 members, please be sure to reserve a table before 3 pm on August 25. You may also choose to arrive earlier however, we cannot guarantee that your group will be seated together.
B. Registration Fee. The fee per person is Php 300.00. ALL proceeds will go to Rotary’s campaign to End Polio and the community service projects of the Rotary Club of CDO Premier.
C. Trivia Time. The competition will begin at 7:00 pm and will consist of 4 rounds with 3 categories per round. Each category will consist of 7 questions. The teams are encouraged to arrive earlier so you can register, find a good spot and have enough time for a Pops dinner!
D. Game Rules.
1. Each team will be provided with a whiteboard, whiteboard marker and eraser. You are required to come up with a team name. Please write your team name on the top of the whiteboard.
2. Use of cellphones will not be allowed while the trivia questions are being asked and answered. Failure to abide by this rule will result in the team’s answer not being considered for the relevant question during which the violation occurred. Repeated violations will result in disqualification.
3. Questions will be asked twice. Depending on the question, you will be given between 5-10 seconds to answer. Once the Trivia Master says “Boards Up.”, the team must stop writing and raise their whiteboard. Scorers will take note.
4. Wrongly spelled answers will be deemed wrong. Unless the Trivia Master allows for the answer to be considered.
5. Teams may not share their answers with other teams. Failure to abide by this rule will result in the team’s answer not being considered for the relevant question during which the violation occurred. Repeated violations will result in disqualification.
6. There will be a short 2-minute break in between categories. There will be a longer 10-minute break between the rounds. Novelty Games will be played during the longer breaks.
7. Team Scores will be displayed at the end of each round. Any challenge to the trivia answer or question should be taken up with the Trivia Master. Any consideration or correction will be made by said Trivia Master and his or her decision is final. Any dispute regarding the team scores will be resolved by the Quiz Score Master and his or her decision is final.
8. In case of a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, the Trivia Master will ask tie-breaker questions until the tie is broken. Should the tie not be broken after 10 questions, a coin flip will determine the winner.